1. Mix lemon juice, water & vinegar together and use to attack water stains, limescale and accumulated soap build up in bathrooms
2. Descale a kettle by filling it with half water and half clean vinegar. Leave overnight, empty, wipe out, refill with water, reboil and empty
3. Remove red wine by pouring over the stain with white wine, damp dry with kitchen tissue
4. Wash dish cloths regularly and microwave damp sponges on high for several minutes to kill bacteria
5. Squirting lemon juice into cracks and along windowsills will repel insects
6. Juice of half a lemon mixed with quarter cup of olive oil makes a great polish for wooden furniture. Apply with a clean dusting cloth.